HERE are five training camp predictions: A back-up will emerge; a starter will show that he’s lost a step; someone will be injured for the season; fans will question the wisdom of a Free Agent signing; and a rookie will look good vs back-ups during preseason games.
Those of course are bullshit predictions that you can get from anywhere. Mere generalities. But you don’t want generalities. You come to THE BEAST to get specifics. You come to be able to see into the future. Well lets start with Training Camp and the Preseason.
1) In limited time with the starters, Stefen Wisniewski will remind Eagles fans of what we’ve been missing at C since Jamaal Jackson was injured in 2010. Though he looks better than Jason Kelce does out there, Pederson will give us some garbled nonsense about why Kelce will continue to start.
2) Despite tons of internal competition, CB will still be an average position for the Eagles, going by NFL standards. We simply don’t have a guy out there that we can call shutdown or a genuine ballhawk. Though our front seven will create opportunities, our CB’s will not capitalize on nearly as many as they would if they were more talented.
3) DT Beau Allen won’t make final cuts. He lacks the change of direction, suddenness, and ability to disengage from blockers to play DT effectively in any Wide-9 system. Also he’s had a tendency to end up on the ground far too much during his NFL career.
4) QB Sam Bradford will look smoother and more confident hooking up with WR Chris Givens, as both men had their best pro season while starting 12 games together in 2012. I have said repeatedly that there is nothing wrong with Bradford’s arm, and that it’s his heart that I question. Now that he has a receiver who can fly, in an Offense that features a few decent weapons, you may find yourself seeing a resurgence of Bradford jerseys around Philly.
5) Our run game will be better than most think it will be. Howie Roseman didn’t bring 335 pound OG Brandon Brooks here because Head Coach Doug Pederson wants to be cute and do a bunch of zone blocking. The team added beef so that we can mash down and beat up on the man lined up across from us. The VIOLENCE IS COMING BACK, Eagles brothers and sisters! The run game will be simple, but it will be effective. It will eat clock and wear down defenders. And for some of our players, those who for the last three years were held hostage, in a system that took away any sense of getting into a rhythm, it will reintroduce to them, the feel of playing real football again.
So there it is. Five Training Camp/Preseason predictions that you won’t find anywhere else.
Interesting. Looking forward to seeing your predictions come true.
Pingback: DIDN’T I TELL YOU? | EAGLEMANIACAL.com